28 May 2010

We Don Need No Steenking Blogs!

Post 1. Bound to be tosh. I'm already embarrassed for it, this post. The poor thing, it didn't see it coming. But then again you have to start somewhere, and like the great Keith Harrington once said: if someone gives you lemons...fuck 'em.

So, with a view to ploughing ahead unfettered and steamrolling my way through the aisles of decency, here is a list of ten noteworthy things that I have visited, watched, heard, negotiated, experienced, enjoyed, digested and remembered in the past week or so:

1. Japandroids @ the Garage in Islington
2. Work To Do by The Average White Band
3. Californication Series 2
4. The French Open
5. Gordon's Wine Bar
6. Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant
7. Great British Menu
8. Brothers by Black Keys
9. Annie Proulx' Close Range
10. Pitchfork.com

In this haphazard spirit of cultural titbits, I will hopefully encourage myself to experience more and more of what my surroundings have to offer, and also tickle the tasebuds of the few unfortunate fuckers who happen to stray here. I am, if nothing else, a man of consistent passion, for art, for love, for life, and I write this in the hope that others of a similar spirit will join me in celebrating the brilliance that lies behind, above, below and in front of us.

Hold strong brothers, and we will weather this storm.

See you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment