25 Nov 2010

Music: Megafaun

With a groggy head (last night was a late one...oops) and soggy heart, I have revisited one of my most favourite bands of recent times, the magnificent and adorable Megafaun. Recognise the loveliness of this song, The Fade, from their album entitled Gather, Form, Fly...



In newer news, their new EP, entitled Heretofore, is available on general release, and is a beautiful, slow, ethereal country record. Well worth a look, and hopefully a precursor to some more recordings that I believe are just being finished in WI, USA. This track, Volunteer, is a standout...



On a slightly damp day this summer at Greenman Festival in Wales, I had the pleasure of seeing these three North Carolina boys bring the second stage, some tent with a name I can't remember, to it's feet and knees at the same time. Hoedowns, throwdowns, banter, it had it all. Afterwards I bumped into the band's lead singer and guitarist, Brad Cook, who I then complimented profusely and offered a drink. He turned it down initially (don't they all...) but then found me and told me he was going to get some food but he'd come back and find me. I waited. He never came. Was I foolish? I don't know. He was lovely, and I wanted to buy him a beer, so I stayed. What happened Brad? Huh? WHAT HAPPENED? I was cold, I was NOT naked, but still, were you there, were you there? No you were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment