5 Jul 2010

Design/Art/Film: Polish Posters

I am, for the thrill of it, posting from beyond the watershed. So I can, within my rights, say things like balls and wanker and show ill-choreographed sex scenes without fear of repercussion. Yippee.

I'm going to do none of those things though. Instead I'm going to put some posters on the wall, from my ever growing digital collection of Polish film artwork which has always been a strange aesthetic fetish of mine. Film is what I adore, and a guy I worked with once told me about the Polish tradition of allowing the country's top artists and designers to draw up the marketing posters for new releases from all over the world. What results is an amazing array of vibrant, mind-blowing, alternative designs for everything from The Empire Strikes Back...


...to Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid...


...to Kill Bill...


...to Kes...


Impressive eh? Not your average photoshopped celebrity gurn-fest. No no.

These ones though, these really took the biscuit for me. Three posters, for three different movies, all starring the same, instantly recognisable, instantly iconic star. See if you can guess what they are...



No comments:

Post a Comment